Student wellbeing is an integral part of learning. A person’s emotional, social, mental and physical wellbeing is fundamental to development. When we are happy, healthy and well-adjusted we are able to learn more effectively and deal with life’s challenge
At the University High School we have programs that help develop resilience, educate about mind-body health and support students and families during difficult times. Many of these programs are integrated into the everyday curriculum at school. We also have programs that are pro-active in developing skills for students, and various parent evenings throughout the year. The University High School Framework for Wellbeing gives an overview of this.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Please take the time to explore the UHS Wellbeing Page – there are links to informative factsheets and articles that you may find very interesting as well as information about programs within our community. If you have some information that you think may be valuable to this page we’d love to read about it.
To access informative Factsheets for students, parents and teachers click the link below.folder Links to Wellbeing factsheets
Information about programs within our community are listed below
- Drummond Street Services: For family counselling programs, parenting workshops and more.
- Reach Out Australia: Information for youth, especially if times are tough
- Reach Youth Youth programs and camps
- Youth Beyond Blue: Particularly for information about anxiety and depression
- Kids Help Line: Information for young people – phone as well as email and chat online!!
- Gamblers Help for Victorians: Help and advice by phone or online.
- City of Melbourne Youth Page
- Better Health Channel: Government accredited site for reliable health information.
- Bully Stoppers: bullying resources for parents, students and teachers
- Frontyard: for various youth related services
- Headspace: for youth mental health
- Smiling Mind: practical resource for the management of anxiety, designed to bring balance to young lives
- Youth Service Directory: looking for a youth service provider in your area?